Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Hard Times with Lauren

No this is not some teenage blog about how hard my life is and how much I hate it, sadly I kind of wish it was. This is a blog about the book Hard Times by Charles Dickens. I guess the only reason I'm reading this book is because I have to to pass my final year of high school, but I imagine and hope by the end of it I will have learnt valuable life lessons that I'll want to hold sacred forever. I'm hoping by making this blog and blogging and talking about the book as I read it will help me understand it better and help me to get through it. I don't imagine that it's a terrible book, nor entirely complex but I do imagine that there are going to be days where I just want to put it down and give up. This blog is going to make sure that I don't do that. On a daily basis I will be writing about my own interpretations of Charles Dicken's book, and hopefully learning more about it in the process.

Hard Times is the tenth novel published by Charles Dickens in 1854. The book aims to highlight the need for fancy and imagination in a time of major social and economic pressures. I am to learn all about this is the best way that I know how; expressing my thoughts and opinions into words. If this blog helps me to pass year 12 english to the standard I want, then I'm going to do it. I don't mind if nobody ever reads this, just so long as it's beneficial to me. Wish me luck; I start tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment